Scottish Rite House of the Temple

Dedication Medallion - 1915

This bronze plaque was cast by the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction for the dedication of their new "House of the Temple" building in Washington, D.C. on October 18, 1915.   The obverse bears the images of their Past Sovereign Grand Commanders, a likeness of their new building, and the double-headed eagle emblem.  The reverse lists all of the 1915 Officers and Sovereign Grand Inspectors General.  It is beautifully cast in a 3 dimensional perspective by the Master Craftsman at Whitehead and Hoag of Newark, New Jersey.  It measures 2 1/2 inches tall by 4 inches wide.

 

         

Museum Home Page     Phoenixmasonry Home Page

Copyrighted 1999 - 2011   Phoenixmasonry, Inc.      The Fine Print