FOREHEAD OF THE MOST HOLY ANCIENT ONE.
87. THE Forehead, which is uncovered in the
Most Holy Ancient One, is called Grace.
88. For that Supernal Head concealed in the
Higher, which no man hath known, expandeth a certain external manifestation,
beautiful and gracious, which is comprehended in the Forehead.
89. And since He Himself is the grace of all
graciousness; hence He assumeth the conformation of the Forehead, which is
disclosed in the most intense light (otherwise, hath a formation in the figure
of a leaf).
90. And when It is disclosed, the grace of all
gracious. ness is found in all worlds.
91. And all the prayers of the Inferiors are
accepted; and the countenance of Microprosopus is illuminated, and all things
are found to exist in mercy.
92. And since (through this) all
judgments are hidden
and subjected, hence in the Sabbath, in the
time of the afternoon prayers, in which all judgments are excited, that
Forehead is disclosed.
93. And all the judgments are turned aside, and
mercies are found.
94. And therefore is the Sabbath found without
judgment, as well that which is above as that which is below; also the fire of
Gehenna is restrained in its place, and the transgressors are at rest.
95. And therefore is the Spirit, NShMTh, of joy
added on the Sabbath.
96. And it behoveth man to rejoice with three
feasts on the Sabbath; for all truth, and the whole system of truer faith, is
found therein (i.e., in the Sabbath).
97. And it behoveth man to prepare the table,
that he may eat in the three feasts of true faith, and rejoice in them. 1
98. Rabbi Schimeon said: "I attest concerning
myself, before all these who are here present, that through all my days I have
not omitted these three feasts, and that because of them I have not been
compelled to fast on the Sabbath.
99. "Furthermore, also on other days I have not
been compelled (to fast), much less on the Sabbath, for he who, rightly
acteth concerning these (feasts) is the adept of perfect truth.
100. "The first feast is that of the
Great Mother; the second that of the Holy King; and the third that of the Most
Holy Ancient One, the Concealed with all Concealments. 2
101. "And in this world, who can thoroughly
follow out, through them, those paths?
102. "If this RTzVN, Ratzon, Grace, be
revealed, all those judgments are enlightened, and are diverted from their
103. "The conformation of Him, the Most Holy
Ancient One, is instituted through one form, which is the ideal Syntagma of
104. "The same is the Concealed Supernal
Wisdom, the synthesis of all the rest.
105. "And this is called ODN, Eden, or
the supernal Paradise, concealed with all occultations.
106. "And it is the Brain of the Most Holy
Ancient One, and that Brain is expanded on every side.
107. "Therefore is it extended into Eden, or
another Paradise, 1 and from this is Eden or
Paradise formed forth.
108. "And when this Head, which is concealed in
the Head of the Ancient One, which is not known, extendeth a certain frontal
formation, which is formed for brilliance, then flasheth forth the Lightning
of His Brain.
109. And it is formed forth and illuminated
with many Lights.
110. And it produceth and designeth (a
certain effect) in this Light (otherwise, in this opening), in this
Forehead, whereon is inscribed a certain Light, which is called RTzVN,
111. "And that Grace is extended backward into
the beard, even unto that place where it can remain in the beard, and it is
called the Supernal, ChSD, Chesed, Mercy.
112. "And when this Grace is uncovered, all the
Lords of Judgment behold It, and are turned aside."
many of the ancient mysteries a feast was part of the ceremony,
analogous to our Eucharist. Verbum sapientibus.
is. the greatest triad of the Sephiroth. the Crown, King, and Queen; which
finds a parallel in the Osiris, Isis, and Horus; the Axieros, Axiochersos, and
Axiochersa of Lemnos and Samothrace, &c., &c.
Described in other places as the Supernal Eden and the Inferior Eden.
Chapter IV: Concerning the Eyes of the Most Holy Ancient One