Early 18th Century Masonic Jewel

OldMasonicJewel1.jpg (82561 bytes)

Here is another early prototype of a Past Masters Jewel from the early 18th century (1730's - 1800).  Its not dated but some of the symbolism seen here in this jewel is no longer used like the fighting cock in the upper right and the Tylers Horn which was used to call men to Lodge.  There is a wealth of York Rite symbolism found in this jewel too!  The Letter "G" is placed in the star (upper left) which is where "God" used to be in the heavens... early 19th century jewelers started putting the Letter "G" inside the Square and Compasses in the late 1800's.  This jewel belonged to G. Miltenberger which is engraved into it on the bottom right.

 

 

         

Museum Home Page     Phoenixmasonry Home Page

Copyrighted 1999 - 2013   Phoenixmasonry, Inc.      The Fine Print