St. John's Lodge No. 1 

150th Anniversary Medallion

 

Here is another wonderful medallion made by the Whitehead and Hoag Co. of Newark New Jersey for St. Johns Lodge No. 1 commemorating their 150th Anniversary (1761-1911).  The obverse bears a 3 dimensional likeness of the inside of their Lodge room, the Rising Sun Tavern where they first met in 1761 and the Newark Academy in 1850.  The reverse bears the name of the then President of the United States Howard Taft and of the Governor and future President Woodrow Wilson.   The upper left and right bear images of President and Brothers George Washington and Lafayette.  Between them are the names of the initial Lodge Officer in 1761 and lower down are the names of the Lodge Officers in 1911.  In the lower left corner is the Seal of the Grand Lodge of New Jersey and the lower right corner is the Seal of St. John's Lodge No. 1.  It is one of the most beautiful of Bronze commemoratives.   It measures 2 1/2 inches tall and 4 inches wide.

 

         

Museum Home Page     Phoenixmasonry Home Page

Copyrighted 1999 - 2011   Phoenixmasonry, Inc.      The Fine Print