1905 Syria Temple Loving Cup
Niagara Falls, N.Y.
Each year Syria Temple produced a glass to commemorate the Imperial Shrine Session that they were to attend. These glasses were sold and traded much like todays baseball cards and pins and were the most sought after collectibles at these conventions. Syria Temple commissioned Westmoreland Glass Co. and United States Glass Company to produce a different glass each year with a "theme" suited to the city that they were visiting. The year this "Three Handled Loving Cup" was made, 1905, the Imperial Session was held in the "City of Love" Niagara Falls, N.Y. on June 20th. The cup has two hand-painted panels, one with the falls and the other of the old iron bridge that crossed the river from N.Y. to Canada. This cup stands 3 3/4 inches tall.
Copyrighted © 1999 - 2019 Phoenixmasonry, Inc. The Fine Print