Syria Temple 1915 Milk Glass Tumbler

Each year Syria Shrine Temple produced a glass to commemorate the Imperial Council Session that they were to attend.  These glasses were sold and traded much like todays' baseball cards and pins and were the most sought after collectibles at these conventions.  Syria Temple commissioned Westmoreland Glass Co. to produce a different glass each year with a "theme" suited to the city that they were visiting.  This milk-glass tumbler was designed for the Imperial Session in Seattle, Washington, July, 1915.   This glass has the names of the Temple Representatives printed around the Syria Temple emblem, they are:  Left Side - Emeritus, Wm. S. Brown, Theo. W. Siemon, Geo. W. McCandless; Right Side - Representatives - Charles E. Dinkey, Theo A. Montheral, Chas. T. Moore, Ed. F. Austin.  It stands 3 1/2 inches tall and has blue lettering trimmed in gold.  Also note the change in style of the time... milk-glass was the latest rage among the ladies and the Temple attempted to follow their demand.

 

         

Museum Home Page     Phoenixmasonry Home Page

Copyrighted 1999 - 2014   Phoenixmasonry, Inc.      The Fine Print