Trench Art Masonic Lamp from
Oxoboxo Lodge No. 116
This beautiful trench art lamp was presented to
Oxoboxo Lodge No. 116, Montville, Connecticut on 21 March 1939 by Brother
James Delpaggio. The Lodge then presented brother James with a Masonic
ring as a token of the appreciation and esteem that the members of the Lodge
had for him and his devotion to Oxoboxo Lodge.
This lamp is 40 inches tall. It is made of
brass and steel and weighs over 40 pounds. It is surmounted by a five
pointed star at the top. The stand is solid brass and has the level on
the left side and the plumb on the right side. At the base is the Mosaic
Pavement representing the ground floor of King Solomon's Temple. It also
depicts the three, five, and seven steps, and at the top is the two great
pillars of Boaz and Jachin. Between the pillars is the Square and
Compasses with the Letter "G". On the outer sides and on top of the
pillars are the two globes representing the terrestrial and celestial spheres.
The rear of the lamp has embossed filigree. The projectile is highly
polished steel and is adorned with three hand painted shades.
The lamp is used by Oxoboxo Lodge to signify what
degree the Lodge is working in. With one lamp turned on it is working in
the Entered Apprentice degree, with two lamps on the FellowCraft degree, with
all three lamps on the Master Mason degree.
A special "Thank You" to
Worshipful Brother Richard B. Lord of Oxoboxo Lodge No. 116 for submitting the
pictures and description of this wonderful lamp!