Lodge No. 21 - 100th Anniversary Pitcher
(1813 - 1913)
This pitcher was a personal
presentation to Past Master Fritz T. Jeannot who served as Worshipful Master
from 1885-1886. Worshipful Brother Jeannot was a long time Youngstown
jeweler. In his younger days he served in the Ohio Infantry during the
Civil War. He was a respected pillar of the community and belonged to
many Masonic organizations including Youngstown Chapter No. 93 Royal Arch
Masons, St. John's Commandery No. 20, Koran Shrine Temple A.A.O.N.M.S. and at the time of
his death from pneumonia at the age of 88 (April 9, 1924) he was a 33rd Degree
Scottish Rite Mason in the Cincinnati Scottish Rite, Northern Masonic Jurisdiction.
Western Star Lodge No. 21 as it
appeared in 1813 on the left and 1913 on the right.
This pitcher depicts various
Masonic symbolism not usually seen on other Masonic pottery. Above is
pictured a sheaf of wheat suspended near a waterfall.
The Broken Column statue
Should be two right hands
clasping, but this looks representative of Masonic Charity.
The common gavel and the 24 inch
Salt, charcoal and clay.
The Point within a Circle.
The Lamb skin or white leather
The All-Seeing Eye, Sun, Moon and
A special "Thanks" to Mrs. Martha
Donovan of Venice, Florida for donating this beautiful pitcher to our
museum. Martha is a former Ohio native and is the great grand daughter
of Fritz T. Jeannot. His son was Fred C, Jeannot. Fred's daughter
was Mary Jeannot Brooks and she was Martha's mother.
Western Star Lodge No. 21 was
granted a dispensation to establish a Lodge of Ancient York Masons on January
17, 1813. Their charter was granted on January 4, 1816. The lodge met at the
Fitch house and other homes, as size required, on the Thursday preceding every
full moon until November 5, 1852 when the first meeting was held in
In 1872 the lodge leased a third story of a brick building opposite the Tod
House. In 1902 Western Star joined with other Masonic bodies in planning a new
Masonic Temple which was built on Wick Avenue in Youngstown.
In 1999 construction of the new temple in Boardman began and the lodge opened
on July 14, 2000.
8387 Tod Avenue
Boardman, Ohio 44512